Explained Visually is an experiment in making hard ideas intuitive.
See the live site at setosa.io/ev.
Feel free to post more topic ideas as issues.
To get setup with the project locally, you'll need to first run
Then, fire up the testing web server
node server.js --dev=true
And also gulp in a seperate terminal tab
Now you can open up a browser at
http://localhost:3000/ev/ to see the site.
To deploy, I run
gulp --no-watch to make sure all the static resources are up
to date. then
make export to copy all the static files from
_static to the
List of possible topics.
- Function transforms (Z, Laplace, Fourier)
- Moment Generating Function
- Fourier Series
- Partial Differential Equations (all about flows and waves)
- Eigenvalue And Eigenvectors
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Birth-death Process (relates to markov chains)
- Gini Coeffient
- Statistical Significance
- Bayes' Theorem
- Regression (with instramental variables)
- Why most published research findings are false (would include statistical significance)