I have two data.tables that I want to compare.
But don't know why there is a warning
DT1 <- data.table(ID=c("F","A","E","B","C","D","C"), num=c(59,3,108,11,22,54,241), value=c(90,47,189,38,42,86,280), Mark=c("Mary","Tom","Abner","Norman","Joanne", "Bonnie","Trista")) DT2 <- data.table(Mark=c("Mary","Abner","Bonnie","Trista","Norman"), numA=c(48,20,88,237,20), numB=c(60,326,54,268,89), valueA=c(78,34,78,270,59), valueB=c(90,190,90,385,75)) DToutput <- DT1[(num > DT2$numA & num < DT2$numB & value > DT2$valueA & value < DT2$valueB)]
I want to find
value based on
DT1, and there is a range of
num = 59 and
value = 90, and
Mark = "Mary". So, when using
by=Mary, you must also match:
num(59) > DT2$numA(48) & num(59) < DT2$numB(60) & value(90) > DT2$valueA(78) & value(90) < DT2$valueB(90)
You can see that
90 < 90 does not hold, so my result will not have row
I got this warning:
Warning messages: 1: In num > DT2$numA : longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object lengt 2: In num < DT2$numB : longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object lengt 3: In value > DT2$valueA : longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object lengt 4: In value < DT2$valueB : longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object lengt
How can I modify it to complete what I want to do?
Added: Multiple identical Marks may be used in DT2, but the values are not the same range. Does this affect the comparison?
Is this generally what you are looking for? I joined the datatables and filtered using
between for your conditions. If this is not what you are looking for, can you post a datatable of your expected output?
library(data.table) DT1[DT2, on = "Mark"][between(num, numA, numB, incbounds = F) & between(value, valueA, valueB, incbounds = F)] ID num value Mark numA numB valueA valueB 1: E 108 189 Abner 20 326 34 190 2: C 241 280 Trista 237 268 270 385
- How to use transition_states() to show the transition of superimposed plot?
- How can I calculate predictor coefficients in linear prediction model in R? [closed]
- Best multivariate polynomial fit in Matlab, Mathematica or R [closed]
- How to save a filtered subset in R in a new column?
- R grepl in dataframe
- Stacked Bar Plot in R
- r graphs in jupyter - unable to start png() device
- How to save a plot made with ggplot2 as SVG
- Select certain region of column for lm
- Correlation computation of non 0 elements
- Generic Structure Array An ordered, random-access colle
- ng common accessibility problems Previous Overview: Cross
- Structure MLUntypedColumn A column of untyped values in
- Generic Structure MLDataColumn A column of typed values
- MySQL 5.7 FAQ: NDB Cluster In the following section, we ans
- llocated devices (4.x+ version)¶ This list is the Linux De
- Getting started with the Web Getting started with the We
- 220.127.116.11 NDB Cluster Disk Data Objects NDB Cluster Disk
- able The `FILES` table provides information about the files
- 21.6.11 NDB Cluster Replication Conflict Resolution When