I need to write a conditional format rule with a custom formula, that should trigger when the certain cell's (the cell in the 3rd row of the column of the current cell) value is
"TODAY()", and the current cell is
empty. I know how to check the other cell, but is there a way to check the current cell's value in the same rule?
Here is my rule:
It should apply to all cells in a range
I need it to be the one rule, not combination of multiple rules. I need to put something to the place of
In other words, I need to place the value described as "Cell is empty" in the custom formula as it's part.
Here is an example spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vpNrX2aUg8vY5WGDDuBnLfPuL-UyrjFvzjdATS73aq8/edit?usp=sharing
The current cell is addressed by the first cell of a range in the conditional formatting. In your example, the range is
A4:M10 and therefore you can use
A4 as "current cell".
Check for empty content:
Relative vs absolute references in conditional formatting work just like copying a formula.
Check that the cell in 2nd row of current column row is today:
I have updated a copy of your example spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MY9Jn2xpoVoBeJOa2rkZgv5HXKyQ9I8SM3kiUPR9oXU/edit#gid=0
- How to apply a GoogleSheet Filterview via Google Apps Script?
- How to divide an alphabetical list into 3 column alphabetical list
- Creating a formatted, ordered pair in a single cell using Google Sheets functions
- Change cell value on button click to column value based on a criteria
- Using onEdit trigger, is there a way to make sure the last row in a Sheet is visible to users?
- Comparing attributes from 2 sets
- Join arrays using function to create all combinations
- Filter function for cells with Date Time values
- Google Sheets Script - How to automate “if checkbox == true, then copy row in another sheet” in the same spreadsheet?
- Copying non-contiguous cells from one column to another in Google Sheets with Apps Script